14. User interface¶
We start full screen and expect at least 1024 x 768 (see base/constants.py)
- Style: Water color or pencil drawings
- Standard graphics format is Portable Network Graphics (png) because of wide adoption, lossless compression and transparency
- More editable files (PhotoShop, CorelDraw) including all layers can and should be saved too
14.2.1. Start Screen¶
- Enter the Game lobby (start or continue single-, multiplayer game)
- Change Preferences
- Open help browser
- Open the Editor
14.2.2. Main Map Screen¶
- Default Tile size is 80 x 80 pixel (square tiles)
- Terrain view as background (showing provinces, units, military movements)
- One right side: mini-map
- Selected unit function box
- Menu toolbar (all the different dialogs and help)
- Transport Dialog
- All, the dialogs (Transport, Industry, Trade) run in one Frame with top toolbar for other dialogs and help
- Listing for each commodity currently connected to transport network, slider bar representing the amount of each commodity to transport vs. total amount
14.3. Sound effects¶
- Click on a button
14.4. Various things¶
- There will be a real time clock in one corner of the screen, allowing even to set an alarm or a timer. But it also can be turned off if wished.
- Do we want to have customized mouse cursors? Easy to implement, but is there any real benefit? Mouse cursors should indicate possible actions.
- Save games should have a pre-view screen shown always.
- Inbuilt functionality to make a screenshot.