5.1. Development and Construction¶
- Every resource can be developed up to third level
- On each tile there can only be one resource development (mine, farm, …) and one transport development (depot, lighthouse, river port, port)
- You can only continue constructing railroads if they are properly connected (to another piece of railroad or to a depot).
- You can only build a depot if there is already railroad to that tile.
- Except for the capitals which already have a port and a depot.
- Destruction: Improvements can be destroyed for free but it will always take 2 turns time and will only be effective if the province owning this tile isn’t captured in between (to prevent scorched earth tactics).
- To simplify the construction of railroads you can plan ahead and put orders for railroad construction in a pipeline/queue. You only have to specify the maximum number of construction teams. Provided the money and that all rules are obeyed (like connectivity to existing network) these jobs are processed then in the order of the queue.
- The development state of each country is completely visible by all players, it will be displayed on the big game map.
Raw materials to advanced products (conversion ratio)
Paper mill (wood to ..)
- wood (2) to timber (1)
- wood (2) to paper (1)
- timber (2) to furniture (1)
- Spinning mill
- cotton&wool (2) to cloth (1)
- cloth (2) to garment (1)
- ore (1) and coal (1) to steel (1)
- steel (2) to tool (1) or weapon (1)
- grain&apple (2) and meat&fish (1) to can of food (1)
- oil (2) to fuel (1)
- timber (1) and steel (1) to transport (1)
Use of these products: sell (trade), buy ships and military, extend infrastructure and industry.
5.3. Worker pool¶
- The worker pool (W) contains all workers (employed and unemployed, skilled and unskilled)
- A labour unit (LU) is what an unskilled worker can provide per turn
- Unskilled workers have a base productivity of 1 LU
- With paper and money ($100) an unskilled worker can be promoted to skilled worker
- A skilled worker has a base productivity of 2 LU
- With paper and garment and furniture and money ($500) a skilled worker can be promoted to expert worker
- An expert worker has a base productivity of 3 LU
- There is a special pool, the soldier pool (or military reserve MR).
- To add one unit (of trained soldiers) to the soldier pool take a skilled worker and a weapon and money ($200)
- Every skilled, expert or trained soldier can always be reduced to an unskilled worker without cost or delay.
- Paper mill (initial output CAP 4 units of timber or paper, requiring 4 LU)
- Furniture factory (initial output CAP 2 units of furniture, requiring 4 LU)
- Spinning mill (initial output CAP 4 units of cloth, requiring 4 LU)
- Clothing factory (initial output CAP 2 units of garment, requiring 4 LU)
- Steel mill (initial output CAP 2 units of steel, requiring 2 LU)
- Tool&Weapon factory (initial output CAP 1 unit of tool or weapon, requiring 2 LU)
- Cannery (initial output CAP 4 can of food, requiring 2 LU)
- Refinery (initial output CAP 1 unit of fuel, requiring 2 LU)
- Train station (initial output CAP of 2 transports, requiring 2 LU)